Use and precautions of large current generator
Large current generators are necessary equipment for power supply companies, large factories, metallurgy, power plants, railways and other departments that require power maintenance. Adopting microelectronics processing technology, the entire use process can be set up in advance, the all-English interface, the operation is simple and clear.
The method of using the large current generator is as follows:
1. According to the commissioning requirements, connect the current booster and the tested product, and connect the power supply.
2. Choose the position of the current transfer switch according to the size of the current required by the tested product. Since the current transformer is not allowed to open, the current transfer switch can only be set to the "large" or "small" position. in the middle.
3. Turn on the power and the green light is on (if the green light is not on, turn the regulator knob counterclockwise to zero until the green light is on), press the start button, the green light is off, and the red light is on, turn the regulator handle clockwise, Just increase the current to the desired value.
4. Turn the regulator handle counterclockwise to the zero position, press the stop button, the red light is off and the green light is on, and the test is over.
Precautions for using large current generator:
1. The test work should not be less than two people, one person to operate, and one person to supervise the operation to ensure safety.
2. The shell must be grounded. Don't neglect to prevent personal safety accidents due to low voltage. The instrument must be well grounded, and the step-up transformer and the console must be reliably grounded during use to ensure safety.
3. The wire from the secondary to the tested product should not be too long, and the cross-sectional area should be sufficient (current density can be considered as 6-8A/mm). The contact surface should be cleaned (it can be brightened with fine gauze), otherwise the joint will become hot, even The current rises below the rated value.
4. Before working, check that the power supply has sufficient capacity, otherwise the power cord will heat up and the voltage will drop, which will affect normal operation.
5. There should be no flammable materials at the work site. Sufficient fire extinguishing equipment should be prepared for the temperature rise test.
6. For the continuity (heating) test, there should be someone on-site. And regularly check the heating of the up-current source equipment, wires, and connectors, and make a record.
Due to changes in the grid voltage, pay attention to adjust TD in order to maintain the rated test current. During the test, once an abnormal phenomenon is found, the air switch power supply should be cut off immediately, and the test should be performed after finding the cause. After the test, the voltage regulator must be returned to zero, press the air switch to cut off the power, cut off the working power, and remove the test wiring to ensure safety.
7. The test work should comply with the relevant provisions of the electrical safety work regulations and formulate practical safety measures. The instrument is designed for short-term work, so it is not allowed to work under the rated capacity for a long time, especially not allowed to run over the rated current to prevent overheating.
The HZ-109S series high current generator produced by Baoding Huazheng Electric Co., Ltd. has the characteristics of small size, light weight, good performance, convenient use and maintenance, etc.